Tanauan, Batangas: How to Sport Water Activities

Monday, July 20, 2015


Finally, I was able to maneuver jet ski for half an hour under the blazing sun! Since 2011, I've been wanting to drive jet ski on my own. It took me four years to achieve this. Why? Hey, it's a bit pricey. With the opportunity I had, last June, my body produced more melanin than it should. I got tanned and had sunburn. But, hey, I am proud of that golden nile look! :)

Where to Stay

Together with my mom and best friend, I stayed at Montecillo de Leonardo (Taal Lakefront Resort). Luckily, I had free tickets courtesy of my employer as summer outing privilege.



Outside.


pool area with videoke


Pool area with basketball ring

wall climbing area

The package we had were for 500 php per pax with the inclusions of: daytour use of facilities including pool, wall climbing area, parking space, videoke and accommodation of private kubo (nipa hut). The nipa hut has bed, electric fan, and mini lounge making it perfect for small group, around 3-4 pax.

It is a family-run business with the mother being the manager and the son being the primary staff. Their service is warm. Hospitality of Filipinos is obvious.



The shore is not that beautiful since beautification of it is under proposal.
This just makes the place uncrowded.
Less tourists means more activity time plus privacy!





What to Eat

MDL Resort offers an eat-all-you-can lunch for just 150php per person. The menu consists of soup, rice, viands, and iced tea. The taste was worth the price.




How to Sport Water Activities

Since the owner of the resort knows the Taal locals managing the tourism, we had big discounts!!! So, the key is to coordinate with the owner! :)




Jet ski Rental --------- 3500 php per hour, 1750 php per 30 mins. (it is 2500 at other resort)
Boat Ride, Island Hopping ------------ 2500 php, no limit, you can rent it for the whole day
Taal Crater Hike -------------------------------------------------- additional 500 php to boat ride
Banana boat ride ------------- 300 php per head, they can give it as low as 200 php per head





Just don't forget to thank the locals after their service. Two thumbs up to he tour guide slash boat driver slash photographer we met! :)




In the island hopping, we went to two destinations: Bubuin island and Napayong Island.
We were so tired that we didn't hiked to Taal crater.
If you have remaining energy, please do hike.
I will try it next time :)


Swimming at first stop.
The back of this island used to be the Island dream resort.
According to our guide, some call it Island Dream.



How to Go There
A. Via Commute
Go down at Tanauan exit. You shall see tricycle lane with vendors selling watermelon. From there, you may rent a tricycle for a special trip. Fare: 150-200php per trip

B. Via Car
From the Tanauan exit, follow this map :P

map from site of Montecillo de Leonardo resort


If you are in a group of persons looking for water sports filled day, I recommend doing the same itinerary. It seems that we rented the whole lake since its not yet crowded.


Island within a lake within a lake within an island.



* * *


* * *

Yes, I made it.
I am back to blogging.
I'm going to share more of my experiences.
So, stay tuned! :)



2 comments:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS