Going to Divisoria via Train

Sunday, April 27, 2014






The search was on for the perfect (and of course affordable) dresses for the Annual Homecoming Balangobong Fiesta 2014. Growing up in Balangobong, Lingayen, Pangasinan, my mother and my aunts were so enthusiastic. The annual fiesta is a celebration of life and thanksgiving for Nuestro Padre. Much more of that will be posted in another blog i.e. my Pangasinan adventures.


Note: Be ready for a detailed blog. I want it that way to help first timers out there.

We were all very excited because aside from the cheap shopping spree, it was our first time to ride a train. Please scroll below for the pertinent information you'll need. 


Fast facts:



  • Airconditioned
  • With train marshalls
  • with police
  • Safe
  • Inexpensive fare (from Alabang to Tutuban = 25php regular fare, 20php for senior)
  • Very punctual


About the Train



You can know more about PNR in their site. Click the picture below to visit their site. 
A STORIED PAST, A CHALLENGING PRESENT, AND CONNECTIONS TO THE FUTURE
BACK ON TRACK!








 For the schedule and fare, please click the picture;


If you are asking for the day that has transpired, here are some of the photos I took that day. :)






The trails...




The train we rode :)


You can be sitting or standing.


We were early birds so we had the privilege to take seats.




My aunt and my mom.


As time goes by, people kept coming in.



The trip schedule we bought was 12:00 noon. At 11:59 a.m., we departed. :)


 For the view, I can say that staring at it for minutes will give you realizations in life. I'll not put it here. I want you to try it by yourself and let me know what you had realized.


Standing ovation.





Our Adventure

We went to Alabang Station (see list and address of stations below) since we didn't catch up with the morning schedule in Sta. Rosa (yes, there a station in Sta. Rosa! :) ) There is a train for every 30 minutes in Alabang if you are going to Tutuban. They are proud about it saying something like this, "ang PNR ay laging batak. May byahe kada 30 minuto". In English, "PNR is always working, There's a ride for every 30 minutes.



From the station, there are registered tricycles that can take you to anywhere you want. According to Kuya Guard of PNR station, some unregistered drivers tend to overprice so it is recommended that we hire a inside. The fare is 10 pesos per head and 40 php if  special trip. 



This is the PNR station.


My selfie pic XD


I was fascinated by this old school train!

Since I inherited my hungry tummy as always from my Mom, we ate at the 5th floor of 168 Mall.




This is the recently burnt Divisoria Mall. How sad... :(


These are the pictures I took while waiting for the train that will take us home to Binan;
















It took us 1 hr and 7 mins to go to Tutuban station from Alabang station. While from Tutuban station going to Binan Station, we travelled for about 1 hr and 39 mins.


TIPS:
1. If possible, don't opt for noon schedule, it was freaking hot that time even with the air con.
2. Search for the weather.
3. Bring umbrella. You'll never know what lies ahead.
4. Learn how to smile to vendors. They can give you freebies. However, don't overdo it.
5. Be cautious.
6. Be a gentleman/gentlewoman to the elders. You'll age too.
7. Bring small bills.


For my rating,
Cleanliness - 4 stars
Ventilation - 2 stars if crowded, 4 stars if not
Service - 5 stars
Punctuality - 5 stars
Money worth - 5 stars


I hope my blog helped you. :)

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS