Cheeks at Chic Cafe: Fig Tree Cafe (In Photos)

Thursday, April 21, 2016


Pastels + cookies + frappe + baby colors = this cafe. <3

Last Monday, I and Lemuel celebrated our 41st birthday. Kidding aside, we ate at Fig Tree Cafe and Events, Southwoods. This cozy and chic cafe opened last January 2016. With the two storey Mercury drug, now opened Japanese restaurant, cafe, and milk tea place, I think that area is developing fast. 

Sing this with me... 
<Insert Name> and <Insert Name> sitting on a tree. D-A-T-I-N-G.
Like a diligent worker, anyone from a very tiring day would like to sit under the tree to find peace and serenity. As what it name implies, Fig tree gave us that certain place of calmness. 

I am a fan of matcha. I love Kitkat Green Teaaaaaaaa! I can always get a matcha treat from cafes and coffee shops. Maybe that makes me a fan of cafes, also? 



THE AMBIANCE


It felt like I was inside an elegant tea party house styled by vintage items and recycled things. There goes my environment engineering side. Recycling things can help Mother Earth. Happy Earth Day!




Favorite part!!!

It was so inviting. The room was like a delicate touch of a mother to the soft skin of her baby. I always love pastel colors. It really complimented the light.

I recommend dining there during evening so the lights will be lit since as I said, the overall impact is like a soft touch. The colors and decorations harmoniously blend with their lighting.




They also do styling and catering for events.



THE FOOD
It is cafe that serves "lunch, dinner, and everything in between". From pasta to cupcake to teas, they have it. Below are what we ate.

Chicken Pastel, 150

Matcha Green Tea Frappe, 135 php

Green Tea Kitkat on top!!!

Set A: Chili Dog with Carbonara, Fries, and Pepsi for 230 pesos

I like the fries!

House Ice Cream with Blueberry and Graham, 100 pesos

I love the combination.

Cookies and breads, anyone?

Blueberry tea, anyone?


THE VERDICT
After billing out, they gave us a piece of paper requesting for our insights and suggestions. I like the idea that they want to listen to their customers. We highly recommend this cafe for pastries, sweets, and drinks. For the set meal (spaghetti and hotdog), palatability can still be improved. Thumbs up for the Matcha frappe! Lemuel doesn't normally drink green tea and alike. However, for Fig Tree's version, it was his favorite. :)


WHERE TO SIT UNDER THE TREE?

Susana Heights: 163 National Hiway, Tunasan, Muntinlupa, 1773 Metro Manila: 
Southwoods: Building near McDo, Mercury drug, and Sto. Nino de Cebu Parish
McKinley: Three World Square Building

Open 10AM to 10PM, Monday to Saturday

Per table, they have different set of "virtues".
Patience for me, huh? Is this a sign? :)


You may contact them for reservation. Walk ins are accepted, of course.

HOW MUCH?
For 2 persons, approximately 700 pesos inclusive of the service charge.
Meals ranging from 150-350 php
  • Chicken Pastel - about 150 php
  • Set A: Carbonara, Chili Dog, Fries, and Pepsi - 230
  • Matcha Green Tea Frappe - 135
  • House Ice Cream with Blueberry and Graham - 100

Two "cheeks" dating with the verse, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Is love really getting fat together? :D
Anyway, for more updates, you may like my page.
I regularly post here: WCG Facebook Page

South girl who loves matcha signing off.
Til next time. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS