Teacher Shee in a Snap

Saturday, January 24, 2015



"Let God surprise you."
-Pope Francis

Who would have thought that in just half an hour of Facebook chatting, I'll turn into Teacher Shee? Honestly, teaching Korean students with English has always been in my bucket list! Teaching is hard but it can be fun. That's what I always hear. Based on my experience, teaching can bring the worst and best from you. I got eye bags but I got new friends!

During Pope Francis' visit to the Philippines, the introductory quote caught my attention. Looking back, I don't know why but I was really happy about that quote. Now, it came to my realization that the first month of 2015 has lots of surprises in store. First, my personal problem for two years has been resolved. Second, I am now officially part of the cadetship program I vied for. Third, I met new friends during the application process for the said cadetship. Fourth, I became a teacher to Korean students for four days. Fifth, I met new friends who are really worth keeping (friends from EU Alabang). My horoscope for 2015 is true. I have met new friends. :D I am really surprised!


Last Sunday, January 18, Ate Hannah sent me a message. She asked if I am interested in tutoring Korean students. I was asked if I can act as reliever for the remaining days of the winter camp. Of course, to tick off one item in my bucket list, with excitement, I accepted it.

The camp is intended for teaching English to Korean students for a month by Filipino teachers located at Alabang. It was like a study tour. Aside from studying Mondays to Fridays, they are going to amusement parks and shopping malls every Saturdays and Sunday. Hectic schedule right? I think it is to maximize their stay. :)


I. FRIENDS FOR KEEPS

The real treasure I found in this four day job are my new friends-Ate Hannah, Brhhhraaaiyan, Nadz, MyeMye, and Jennaaah since they don't want to be called ates or kuyas. :D I would love to have few genuine friends than many impakta friends. Since I am just a substitute or reliever, I didn't know them all. At first, I thought they know each other before the camp. The way they get along along fooled me. Hahaha! I really enjoyed their company. Bashers may say that it is impossible to tell whether a friend is real in four days. Well, in just a short period of time, I am proud to say that we are all open to each other. When someone doesn't like a thing or two, he or she tells it directly to the person involved. No drama at all. Back fighting is so school. Duh! :P

To my bakla friends in EU, kelan na EK natin? Hahahaha! Missing you all a lot. :)









II.TEACHER SHEE WITH STUDENTS

My students are sweet. They are different from each other. Even though some are naughty, I can see that they are learning. They have a great future ahead. I will miss my students especially Tom. Teacher Shee collected selfies with them! Haha. Sad to say, they will fly back in January 31.

Jimmy, Ace, Jane, Keane, Tom, Tony 1, and Justin, I will miss you all.

Prepare yourself for selfieeeeeeeeeeeeeesss. :)

























III. INSIGHTS and REALIZATIONS

While teaching, I remember my first teacher, my mom. I appreciate all her patience and time teaching me the alphabet, numbers, shapes, followed by the challenging writing and many more. My heart was full of gratitude that time. My second parents, my teachers, really did their job well on handling me because until now I can remember what they taught me. Teaching is really a tough profession. A big thanks to them! :')

Whatever job and wherever workplace you have, there will always be conflicts or some sort of little petty drama or politics. You just have to dance in the rain. Absorb the good vibes. Throw away the bad vibes. Just always remember that you are in that company, in general, for a purpose and not to please other people.

Discipline is really the key. I remember taking a bath with cold water in a very breezy morning. That was a big challenge! I needed to do it fast or else we will be late. It's not only the salary we are losing but also the time of the student waiting for us.



EU ACADEMY ALABANG
*To know more about it, please visit EU Alabang in Facebook.
**Address: Unit 105, GF South Gate Building, Finance St., Madrigal Park, Ayala, Alabang, Muntinlupa





Til next time. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS