Half a Day and a Tricycle at Bolinao, Pangasinan

Sunday, March 15, 2015


Where to go in Bolinao?

With one beautiful travel buddy, camera, and 400 pesos in my pocket, a half day of my entire life was well spent at Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines. Since my grandparents live in Lingayen, Pangasinan, I and my BBF were able to have free accommodation. We were so tired the other day so we slept for about 10-12 hours. Here, I will share to you our first ever fierce and adventurous travel together.




From Lingayen to Bolinao, we took a bus and jeep ride. Knowing that I only know a portion of the commuters lane in my mother's hometown, we took a big risk. There, I was able to appreciate more of the Filipino hospitality. The policemen resting at the waiting shed were so friendly. They were astonished upon knowing that I can understand Pangasinan dialect, Pangasinense.

Upon arriving at the what I call "Bolinao capital", we bargained for the tricycle day tour trip. Kuya Mark, the trike driver, gave us choices whether to avail the whole Bolinao tour or just the other part. I and Kesia decided to get the half part only since it was past 1 pm that time. TIP: Inform the bus driver to drop you at the place where you can avail day tours. It is also recommended that you seat in front.


The tour costs 600 pesos for the two of us so we just spent 300 pesos each. We gave  100 php as a tip for his eagerness in taking our photos. Here is Kuya.




With a tricycle tour and a half day, here are the places you can visit;

1. Bolinao itself, meaning roadtriiiip!
The destinations are located at different distances to each other so the journey itself can be turned into a roadtriiiip! With the loud music brought by Kuya Mark, we really had fun! We even sang and took videos of that time of our life. Hahahhahaha!





2. Balingasay River

You can take pictures at the bridge with the river as your background. If you have more money to spend and feeling more adventurous, you can also avail the Balingasay River cruise. Just tell your tour guide a.k.a. friendly trike driver about it.




3.Enchanted Cave
If you enjoy a little of trekking (under) before swimming , then Enchanted Cave is for you. I saw a lot of families there. It offers cottages so you can make overnight stay. I wasn't physically fit that time so I was so tired trekking. Hahaha. The personnel there said that the big corals making up the mountain used to be the part of a seabed. Interesting right?





4. Rock View Beach
Kuya Mark said that the cast of the teleserye Kambal Sirena shot some of their scenes here. With the picturesque setting, I would like also to be a mermaid! Capital AWESOME ROCK FORMATIONS! I will definitely swim next time!







5.Cape Bolinao
It was so magical. I feel like we are in a movie. Cape Bolinao boasts about its scenery but there is nothing more to do here aside from picture taking. It was our first time to see a lighthouse. I will surely go back there someday!







6. Patar White Beach
Beaaaaccccch! Yeah! Beach bums will enjoy the pristine waters and friendly locals here. Kesia had her tantrums so I was like a crazy girl enjoying the waters alone. Hahaha. There are plenty of souvenir shops here. If you are planning to give your officemates or classmates souvenirs, I recommend buying in bulk because we really had a great deal. We had freebies. Also, the owner was the cousin of Kuya Mark so we had discounts. Too bad, we lost his contact number. If you are planning for an overnight stay, there are rooms for rent. Another cousin of Kuya Mark owns one of it. I really feel bad on losing his contact number. :(





There you go. Travel period: April 2014. I will post more of these places as individual photo blogs so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS