8 Realizations from my Manila Zoo Trip

Monday, March 2, 2015




It's been a while. I missed blogging. Two days after the ChE Oath Taking we were required to personally claim the printed photos courtesy of the official photographer located in Manila. As you all know me, I wouldn't let an opportunity to explore places just pass by. So, yeah... we had our Manila Trip Part 2 and one of the destinations was Manila Zoo.


* * *


It was my first time going to a zoo. Yep, you are right. A 21 year old gal enjoyed her first visit to a zoo. Hahaha! I always hear negative comments about it. To see is to believe so we checked it out. 

TRIVIA: Going to Manila Zoo was unplanned. While riding a jeepney heading Buendia (since we were on way back home), the driver shouted, "Manila Zoo, Manila Zoo, Manila Zoo!". I and Lemuel looked at each other. I smirked. Immediately, we followed the crowd. Then, tadaaaaaah! For the first time, I stepped on a zoo. Hahaha! It waaaaas soooooo fulfilling. If it's not a big deal for you, then don't. Hahaha! Informal writing alert. ;D "Things are most appreciated when unexpected."


8 REALIZATIONS WHILE I WAS VISITING MANILA ZOO FOR THE FIRST TIME


#1 Animals have souls too
They aren't just animals. They have feelings too. I really feel bad about the mother teaching her 3 year old son about the crocodile inside the booth with the label, "Wishing Croc". The kid threw coins inside but didn't hit the crocodile. The mother proudly taught her child that he should repeat because he didn't aimed for the poor croc. Sigh... What I did was to talk loudly about it, indirectly talking to the mother. I felt useless at that time since I wasn't able to confront the intelligent mother. For me, even though the scales (if it has) are sturdy that can withstand the force, the fact that he is being thrown by strangers outside his little house is bad. Imagine yourself placed in the shoe of the innocent croc...









#2 Indeed, to see is to believe
Most of the travel bloggers and reviewers give low ratings about the zoo. Well, I think I am in favor of them. Do not get me wrong. I know the purpose and good intentions of a zoo. It's about visual learning. However, rules and regulations should be strictly implemented. I think some of the animals are not in good state. I wasn't able to see marshals or guards roaming around. That is the reason why there is no one to discipline some of the ill mannered visitors. Garbages are everywhere. The foul smell is everywhere. People are smashing the glass windows in the serpentine section. . . On the bright side, it is a good place to visit. There are other activities that you can do. Aside from animal viewing, you can go on a picnic, ride a boat, play on the playground, take pictures with the snakes and birds, and have fun!








#3 Kids and kids at heart will always appreciate zoo
The happiness I saw from the children's eyes were priceless. Learning is best when seen especially for those who are visual learners like me. There is a playground for kids and food court section for hungry tummies. Since it was my first time, I really enjoyed seeing animals in person. Haha :)













#4 Home is the best place on Earth


I really felt that the animals are longing for their families. Most of the photos I took were showing sadness in eyes... Reality check: some things are meant to happen.










#5 No man nor animal can live alone
No explanations required.







#6 Acquiring discipline is a long term process
The only permanent thing in the world is change. It is on our hands if the change will be for good or bad. 



#7 There is always a room for improvement









#8 Concern and action is a powerful combination
I hope that someday it will be better. Given that many people are telling negative comments about the place, I hope that the management will take it as a constructive criticism. This post is about the truth and no intentions of merely pointing out the dirty parts. I did enjoy the trip.

Bottomline? Manila Zoo is a good place to visit but there should be improvements.


Address : Quirino Avenue, Adriatico St., Malate, Manila (corner of Harrison St. and Mabini St.)
Park hours: 7am-6pm daily
Rates:



Until here... Stay tuned!




4 comments:

  1. Nice realizations... The pics looks beautiful cheekygirl >:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamstercheeks, thank you haha. I am a shutterbug. Love, Siopaocheekygurl

      Delete
  2. Great information! For everyone who need to know about price of Shuttle bus Manila airport, please contact with GoAsiaDayTrip - the most trusted airport transfer and day tour company in Southeast Asia.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS